Welcome to BEER MAIL #83!
In celebration of the season, and the undeniable fact of things just becoming dark and cold, we’ve decided to keep things warm and cozy.
Stout season is finally in full swing. We scoured far and wide to bring you a beer mail with not 1, not 2, but 5 stouts.
The farthest afield example of the style comes to us from Oskar Blues out of colorado. Their Death by Coconuts is an Irish style porter stuffed to the brim with creamy coconut goodness.
Coming back across the border, the rest of the entries into our Stout-stravaganza come from at home in BC. Russell Brewing is coming in hot with the first Milk Stout in the box, featuring additions of chocolate and hazelnut. Not to be outdone, Moody Ales offers another milk stout to the mix, this one featuring mint!
For the sake of diversity, the next beer is an oatmeal stout (crazy, I know). Strathcona Four Year was made to celebrate the fourth anniversary of the brewery, and we’d like to take a brief pause from our stout programming to congratulate them!
To further add to the darkness, Cannery Brewing provides us with the fourth genre of stout in this package, their kindling breakfast stout. It’s a boozy, coffee filled treat for those cold winter nights! On the opposite end of the spectrum, Dageraad Marlowe is a session-able Belgian stout all the way from Burnaby.
Before we get too far away from darkness, Dageraad saves us from ourselves with a new batch of their Belgian dark ale Velour Toboggan, this time with blackberries.
The rest of the Beermail is filled out with a pair of sours from Ile Sauvage, Au Courant and Violette, A holiday hazy from Yellow Dog, a commemorative West coast IPA from Four Winds, and a charitable pale ale from Backcountry. And to assure you there’s always light at the end of the tunnel, we’ve got It’s Always Sunny in East Van, a witbier from R&B.
We’re prepared to send this pack of 12 x 473ml box of craft beers to your door for $63.75. Anywhere in BC!
We offer a flat shipping charge of $25 for Expedited Canada Post delivery anywhere in BC! (That’s you Haida Gwaii, Nelson, Prince Rupert, and others!)
FREE delivery to Victoria area addresses.
This box is available for a one-to-two weekish window, or until it’s designated as Sold-Out.
Please note: Beer Mail orders can only be accepted from BC addresses. Orders must be placed during our hours of operation (10 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week), per liquor control and licensing terms and conditions.
Local Delivery Schedule: Monday-Saturday 1PM-5PM – no deliveries on Sundays.
- Oskar Blues, Death by Coconut Irish Porter w/ Coconut + Chocolate - 6.5% (Colorado)
- Russell Brewing, Chocolate Hazelnut Milk Stout - 5.5% (Surrey, BC)
- Dageraad, Marlowe Belgian-Style Session Stout - 4.0% (Burnaby, BC)
- Dageraad, Velour Toboggan Dry-Hopped Blackberry Dark Ale - 5.5% (Burnaby, BC)
- Strathcona, Four Year Anniversary Oatmeal Stout - 5% (Vancouver, BC)
- Cannery Brewing, Kindling Imperial Stout - 9% (Penticton, BC)
- Ile Sauvage, Au Courant Dark Sour w/ Black Currants - 6.8% (Victoria, BC)
- Ile Sauvage, Violette Sour w/ Cranberry + Hibiscus - 5.2% (Victoria, BC)
- R&B, It's Always Sunny in East Van Witbier - 5.2% (East Vancouver, BC)
- Backcountry Brewing, Suck it Cancer Pale Ale - 5.5% (Squamish, BC)
- Four Winds, Greg West Coast IPA - 6.5% (Delta, BC)
- Yellow Dog/CFOX, Elf Juice Mandarin Hazy IPA - 7.0% (Port Moody, BC)